Entries are now open. CLICK HERE TO ENTER
The EVENT PROGRAM for 2020 Bike Buller Festival is now available and is essential reading for all riders with schedule, course details, maps and more. READ IT HERE.
INDEX to the information below:
- Entry Fees
- Gravity Gods and XC Whippet – How to get a T-shirt and Discount!
- Entry Fee Inclusions
- Lift Tickets
- Field Limits
- Refund Policy
Early entry fee – Entries received before 8:00am AEDT Friday 29 November 2019
Base entry fee – Entries received before 8:00am AEDT Friday 29 November 2019 and 8:00am Wednesday 4 March, 2020.
Late entry fee – Entries received after 8:00am AEDT Wednesday 4 March 2020
|Event||Early entry fee||Base entry fee||Late entry fee|
|Epic Trail point to point – 46km *||$99||$110||$121|
|ABOM Downhill #||$89||$99||$110|
|Kids’ village ride||$12||$15||$18|
|16″ Dual Slalom||$10||$10||$10|
|Slopestyle – More Info Soon!|
|Gravity Enduro – ‘pro’ categories #|
( Elite, Expert, U19 )
|Gravity Enduro – ‘amateur’ categories #|
( U15, U17, Sport, Veteran, Masters, Super Masters (50+)
|Corn Hill grand prix – 17km *||$53||$61||$71|
|Mt Buller Super-D||$55||$63||$71|
|Mt Buller Super-D discounted |
available to riders who have also raced the Gravity Enduro or Corn Hill 17km
# Gravity Gods combined category events
* X-Country Whippet combined category events
Visit the separate Highline Slopestyle website to ask for an entry.
Points to note:
- Entry fees to the following events include a full day lift pass on the day of competition valued at $65: ABOM Downhill (for Saturday), Gravity Enduro (for Sunday).
- Junior Riders aged under 17yrs on 8 March 2020 receive a 20% discount off entry fees. (Does not apply to Kids Village Ride, Dual Slalom or Slopestyle events).
Gravity Gods and XC Whippets – Discount and Tee!
Enter the Gravity Gods Package (ABOM Downhill and Gravity Enduro) or the XC Whippet Package (EpicTrail Point-to-Point 46km and Cornhill Grand Prix 17km) online* to get a 10% discount!
Enter either the two Gravity Gods events or the two XC Whippets events before 10:00am AEDT Monday 3rd February and you will receive a free event t-shirt valued at $30.
*Please note discount is available online only when entered as a package. A discount will not be given if you add a race or if you enter on-the-day at race registration.
Entering Gravity Gods or XC Whippet means you’re vying for combined race category placings:-
- Gravity Gods: enter the two designated gravity races (#) and contest the overall gravity champion title – overall and age category.
- XC Whippets: enter the two designated X-Country races (*) and be part of the overall XC champion title – overall and age category.
Click here for more details on the combined race categories.
Event Entry fee inclusions:
- An event branded t-shirt valued at $30 – for those who enter the Gravity Gods events or XC Whippet events prior to 10:00am AEDT Monday 3rd February
- A one day lift pass on the Northside Express chairlift valued at $65 – for those who enter the ABOM DH or Gravity Enduro events
- A professionally conducted and coordinated race in the chosen format
- Race number plate
- Fully marked, marshaled and managed race courses
- Medical support whilst racing
- On course race nutrition for XC and Gravity Enduro events
- Free entry to the Picnic in the Park – for those entered into the Super-D
- Professional photographer capturing images of the race
- Electronic timing with multiple mid race splits
The Bike Buller Festival is not MTB affiliated but if riders are members of MTBA they are still covered by their MTBA insurance. (Consider joining MTBA here).
The Bike Buller Festival is one of only two weekends when the lifts will spin this summer, so take advantage and grab a lift ticket! Lift tickets are available for purchase on the mountain from Horse HIll and Dam Station. Pricing details will be coming soon!
If you are entering the ABOM Downhill or Gravity Enduro, a full one-day lift pass for your race day is included in your entry fee valued at $65.
Please note the following field limits will be enforced for the event
- Epic Trail 46km point to point – 300 riders
- ABOM Downhill – 300 riders
- Kids Village Ride – 150 riders
- 16” Dual Slalom – 32 riders
- Slopestyle – 32 riders
- Gravity Enduro – 350 riders
- Super-D – 200 riders
NOTE: Some entries to the 16″ Dual Slalom will be accepted online prior but we will also reserve a few entries for on the day riders.
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from the event and notifies Rapid Ascent prior to 8:00am (AEDT) Friday 21 February 2020 the race entrant has the choice of receiving either a credit or refund:
- Refund – Refund can be offered less an administration fee of 20% of the entry fee paid (minimum fee paid to be $10 and maximum of $40).
- Credit – Credit towards a subsequent event less an administration fee of 15%
This must be communicated via email to [email protected]
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from the Bike Buller Festival and notifies Rapid Ascent after 8:00am (AEDT) Friday 21 February 2020: No cash refund or entry credit will be given in any circumstances.
- Payment for online entries is via Credit Card transaction via our secure, 128-bit encrypted credit card payment gateway. Should you require alternative payment options please contact Rapid Ascent
- Juniors must be under the age of 18 on race day
- Providing there are spaces available, a rider may transfer from a higher entry fee event to a lower entry fee event category up to 8:00am AEDT Wednesday 4 March 2020. In this case the difference between the two entry fees will be given as a credit to another Rapid Ascent event less a 15% admin fee. A rider may transfer from a higher entry fee to a lower entry fee event category at race registration (providing spaces are available), no credit or refund will be provided.
- Providing there are spaces available, a rider may transfer from a lower entry fee event to a high entry fee event up to race registration for the cost of the increase in entry fee only – no admin fee will be charged.
If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date due to extreme climatic conditions, the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavour to reschedule the event to another date with all entries carrying over to the new date
- If you are unable to attend the newly proposed date no refunds will be made
- If the event cannot be rescheduled for any reason, Rapid Ascent will endeavour to refund a component of your entry fee after all event costs have been taken into consideration OR offer all participants an entry credit (of a value to be determined by Rapid Ascent) to a future Rapid Ascent event .
- In all other circumstances it should be assumed that the event is still going ahead UNLESS otherwise stated
- Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course(s) from that which was published on the event website for any reason
- Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee